Highly motivated and experienced Sales Representative wanted.
An exciting and fantastic opportunity awaits you!
Are you looking for an exciting role within the Tourism Sector?
Would you like to work in a fun environment meeting lots of new people every day and working with a great team?
Do you thrive in a customer focused, high energy atmosphere?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we want to speak with you!
The BVI Tourist Board seeks a highly motivated and experienced Sales Representative to join its team.
(Full-time) New York, N. American Office
The BVI Tourist Board is a Statutory Board having been established to foster, develop, and promote a sustainable tourism industry for the British Virgin Islands.
The Sales Representative designs, develops, implements and manages marketing initiatives for the Eastern United States. These initiatives include, but are not limited to, the development of a strategic marketing and public relations program, the establishment of enabling networks within the region tourism industry, the development of alliances with stakeholders and the development of those other programs which in and of themselves, will lend to the sustained exposure of the BVI Tourist Board.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Servicing travel agencies: daily appointed sales calls, and in-house agency presentations;
• Representing the organization at trade shows;
• Working trade and consumer shows;
• Conducting Home Office mandated familiarization trips;
• Executing breakfast, lunch, and dinner events and seminars;
• Assisting in other regions as necessary;
• Positioning the British Virgin Islands within agencies to reach consumers and expanding brand awareness;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A or B. Sc.) in Marketing, Hospitality/Tourism Management or Business Administration from a reputable university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a senior management position in destination or travel marketing.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Sound knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Office Visio, PowerPoint and ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
• Sound knowledge of Government procedures, Labor Code and Tourist Board Act
• Good project management skills
• Sound analytical skills and ability to manager and recommend solutions to complex situations
• Sound human relations skills
• Strength in multitasking and meeting deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Must be a team player with exceptional customer service and sales skills
Must be able to work independently in fast paced often chaotic environment
Overnight and weekend travel expected. Travel outside of the US for extended periods of time
Must be computer literate
Possesses the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be goal oriented
Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and adept at giving presentations
• Normal office environment
• Occasional extended hours
Appointments will be on a full-time basis with a probationary period of three months.
Salary will be commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
Applications giving full details of qualifications, experience and availability accompanied by two references should be sent to:
Human Resources Manager
BVI Tourist Board
P.O. Box 134
Road Town, Tortola,
British Virgin Islands
Tel: 284-494-3134 /Fax 284-494-3866
Applications must be received by 1st, February 2013.
BVIslanders or Belongers Preferred